Wonderful Sugar-Free Wassail
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
Who doesn’t love a warm cup of wassail goodness between their hands? If you love this seasonal drink but hate all the SUGAR that comes along with it, you MUST make this fabulous Healthy Holiday Wassail! Pure goodness with every sip, that will keep you in the fat-burning zone while enjoying a cup of Christmas cheer!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 measuring cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 cinnamon Bark sticks
- 1 flat tsp. whole cloves (use only ½ tsp. if you prefer a less “spiced” toddy)
- Optional 3 whole Star Anise stars
- 2 quarts water * generous ¼ tsp. Pure Stevia Extract or (to taste)
- 5 drops orange extract or Young Living Orange Essential Oil
- Put cranberries, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and star anise stars into a pot and cover with 1 ½ quart of water.
- Place a lid on your Wassail pot and bring water to a rolling boil. Turn down to a gentle simmer and brew for 1 hour while you become completely intoxicated with the “heart and home” warming aroma.
- Take a two-quart mason jar and sit a filter or fine sieve over the mouth of the jar. (I use the permanent filter from my coffee maker and it works great. Using a ladle, scoop Wassail into your filter/sieve until there is none left in your pot. Occasionally you might need to swish things around in your sieve with a spoon and maybe even remove some of the Wassail mush to get all the liquid through.
- Remove sieve and add “near the boil” water into your two-quart jar to reach the top.
- Add stevia and orange oil or extract. Stir very well and taste… adjust… own it!
- Pour your wassail into a warmed Crockpot, leave on warm setting, and enjoy at your leisure to delight your senses this Christmas season.
*If you need help figuring out why you’re struggling with grabbing comfort food and emotionally eating, and not seeing lasting results then check out…
The Secret Weight Loss Recipe “Wall of Love“… It’s the change you’ve been searching for in order to stop yo-yo dieting forever and see lasting results!
*Recipe adapted from Wholesomelicious.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM-compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.