Wonder Woman Waffles
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Celebrating the 4th of July can make any mom want to jump into the patriotic spirit and bring out her Wonder Woman costume! Well, maybe just the cape…because when you whip up these little babies your family will be calling you a super hero for sure!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 & 1/3 cup Baking Blend (Canadians get it here)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Sprinkle of salt 1TB + 1tsp Gentle Sweet (Canadians get it here)
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of butter melted
- 1 & 3/4 cups almond milk
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the dry mixture.
- Beat egg whites until moderately stiff and set aside.
- Add almond milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract to dry ingredients and stir.
- Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
- Brush some butter or coconut oil onto the hot waffle iron to prevent sticking.
- Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and cook as per the waffle iron instructions. (Usually until the steam stops).
- Top with whipped cream and up to 1/2 cup of blueberries to stay within an S setting.
*NOTE: These Waffles would be considered an ‘S’ meal on the Trim Healthy Mama Plan.
*Shared with permission from Meggan Larson.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.