Warm Your Tummy Spaghetti Squash
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
I just love spaghetti squash but especially in this chilly weather! Wherever you live it’s always a good time of year for this kind of dish. It just seems to warm you right to your soul! Get ready for a super yummy dinner.
Check out the recipe below…
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 large chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tsp. of butter or coconut oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- THM Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Cups of broccoli florets
- 1 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup mozzarella (shredded)
- 1/4 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Rub butter and salt and pepper on the inside of each half.
- Place open side down on a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 40 minutes or until you can pierce it easily.
- Once it has cooled enough to handle, scoop out the spaghetti strands and place in a separate bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium/high and once hot, place the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until fully cooked and place on a plate. Set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add some butter or coconut oil. Saute the garlic with the broccoli. Add some salt and pepper if desired.
- Add 1-2 TB of water and cover pan with a lid. Cook broccoli for a couple of minutes and then add the chicken back into the pan.
- Add the cream cheese and chicken broth and let melt until creamy.
- Add in 1/2 cup of cheese and stir to melt.
- Remove from heat and stir in the greek yogurt.
- Pour sauce into bowl with spaghetti squash and mix together until well combined.
- Separate into different serving bowls and top with the rest of the shredded cheese.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
Recipe adapted from RecipeRunner.com.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.