Warm Homemade Keto Bread
~Trim Healthy Mama & Keto Friendly~
It’s time to bring bread back into the rotation! But not the kind that’s going to gunk up your cells and expand your waistline. This bread has been called the healthiest bread in the world and it’s absolutely scrumptious!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 cup of Almond Flour
- 1 cup of Arrowroot Flour
- 1/3 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Dry Active Yeast
- 1 & 1/2 TB very finely ground Chia Seeds
- 2TB Organic Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 & 1/4 cup of filtered Water
- 2 tsp. Maple Syrup (it gets eaten up by the yeast)
- 1 Egg
- Combine the almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl heat the water to 105-110 degrees (this is very important), add the maple syrup and stir.
- Add the yeast to the maple syrup/water mixture and let sit for 10 minutes. (it should bubble or foam ~ if it doesn’t, start over).
- Stir the chia seeds and psyllium husk powder into the yeast mixture, let sit for a minute and then whisk.
- Pour the thickened yeast mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Knead the sticky dough for a minute then put back into the bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm spot for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 and place your baking sheet or pizza stone in the oven to preheat.
- Separate the dough into two balls and shape them into nice and round shapes. Brush with an egg wash if you’d like and use a serrated knife to cut breathing strips into the bread (can be tic-tac-toe pattern).
- Place the dough onto the baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes (internal temperature will be 205-210F)
- Let cool completely on a wire rack so that the inside is not gummy.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto Friendly.
Original recipe over at Dr. Berg.com.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.