Sometimes the same old housekeeping routines can get pretty darn boring! I mean, seriously, how exciting can you make mopping a kitchen floor? I hear you! That’s why I’ve come up with some clever ways to add a little pizzazz to the wonderful art of keeping house. Ready to walk on the wacky side? Try these tips out!
• The Java Jive: If you need a little pick-me-up to get that kitchen clean, then try brewing a pot of coffee. But here’s the kicker—press the “start” button and you have the time until the pot is brewed to clean up the kitchen. Get it clean before that last drop brews and you get to enjoy a nice, fresh cup of joe!
• The Dreaded Dinner: Is your home a total wreck? Then you may as well do the one dreaded action that is a surefire way to a clean home. Pick up the phone and invite at least three people over for dinner next week. Set the date and you can’t back out. I don’t know how, but it will get cleaned up. I promise!
• Out With the Old, In With the New: Need to de-clutter? Take my advice and make it a cycle. Whenever you buy something new, then something old has to go back in the shopping bag that you pulled the new item out of. Immediately take it to the car. Now drop it off at your nearest charity on your next run out.
• Fill ‘er Up: When you stop to fill up the tank with gas, set the pump to automatically dispense the gas and use that time to get rid of the trash in your car. This is perfect because there is always a trash can next to the gas pump.
• Super Skates: Sick of mopping? Then don’t. Tape the top of a Swiffer mop pad to the front edge of your shoes so that you can step on the pad. Now grab a bottle of all-purpose cleaner, pump up the music, and spray and skate yourself all over the house (kids love this one, too).
I want to know some of your wacky tips! Do you have some to share? I can’t wait to hear some of your fun tactics! Leave a comment and let me know!