“Volcano Mud Slide Muffin”
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Just in time for Valentine’s Day these chocolate “to live for” muffins will make anyone feel extra special indulging in scrumptious chocolate decadence that is GOOD FOR YOU!
Just think heavenly thoughts as this treat melts in your mouth with nothing added to your waistline! Your family will think Mommy is spoiling them, but you will know it’s all of the yumminess without all of the sugar blues!
Check Out the Recipe Below!
Volcano Mud Slide Muffin
The perfect example of how Trim Healthy Mama celebrates food and focuses on all the incredible options that you CAN eat rather than what you can’t. Make up a little cream cheese frosting or simply have it with a swirl of cream and a couple of heaped Tbs of Greek yogurt for added protein – amazing!
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs. golden flax meal
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
- THM Sweetener to taste
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1 Tbs. water or handful of berries
- You can use a microwave for a speedy quick “non purist” version or bake in the oven.
- Crack 1 egg into a coffee cup and whisk it well with your fork
- Add 2 flat Tbs. golden flax meal (or grind your own meal from any flax seeds)
- Add 2 rounded Tbs. cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s Special Dark)
- Add 4-6 shakes of THM stevia to taste
- Add 1 flat Tbs. coconut oil or butter
- Add ½ tsp. baking powder (I use aluminum free)
- Mix all ingredients well then add either a small handful of berries or 1 Tbs of water (about ¼ cup of raspberries or small cut strawberries work well as berry choices) – mix again.
- If using only water (not berries), microwave for only 40 seconds. The muffin should still be gooey in the center when you take it out. If using berries you’ll need closer to a full minute or so. Oven versions should take between 8-12 minutes.
- Take out of oven before top of muffin is completely set.
Check Out the Original Facebook post!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.