Turkeylicious Soup & Hot Gravy Sandwiches
~ Trim Healthy Mama Friendly ~
Not sure what to do with your leftover turkey? Whatever you do, don’t throw out the bones! This soup and sandwich combo is lip smacking good and your only regret will be not having enough leftover turkey.
Check Out the Recipe Below…
Directions (for gravy):
- Remove cooked turkey from roasting pan.
- Pour all of the juices in a pot (or the roasting pan lid if you can heat it up on the stove).
- Bring to a slow boil over medium heat.
- Slowly sprinkle in 1 TB of THM Gluccie (Canadians get it here) at a time until reaching desired thickness (stirring constantly while sprinkling in the gluccie).
- Once desired thickness is reached, stir well and remove from heat.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, stir again, and place in serving dish.
- When heating up for sandwiches, you may need to add a splash of water.
Ingredients (for soup):
- Leftover Turkey Carcass
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic Bulb
- Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Bragg Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- THM Mineral Salt (Canadians get it here)
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 – 1TB of Oregano
- 1/2 TB Italian seasoning
- 1/2 TB Basil
- 1 cup of Brown Rice
- Veggies of choice
Directions (for soup):
- Place the turkey carcass in your crockpot (or in a large pot on the stove)
- Peel the outer layer of the onion off and slice in half. Place both halves in the crockpot.
- Chop 4-5 celery stocks in half and place in crockpot.
- Cut ends off of each garlic clove and place peeled cloves in the crockpot.
- Fill crockpot with filtered water to cover bones.
- Sprinkle heavily with salt and pepper.
- Add in a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 3-4 squirts of liquid aminos.
- Cook on high for 6-8 hours.
- Once cooled remove the bones, celery, garlic, and onion pieces from the stock.
- Add in 1 cup of brown rice, the oregano, italian seasoning, basil, a few more squirts of liquid aminos, heavy sprinkle of salt and pepper, a few more chopped stalks of celery, and any other veggies of choice.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
*To make the hot turkey gravy sandwiches, simply toast 2 slices of ezekiel bread, place leftover turkey in on one slice of toast, cover with gravy, place other piece of toast on top, cover sandwich with gravy. Sprinkle with salt, and eat with a knife and fork and enjoy!
*Note: This recipe is an E or Crossover (depending on how fatty the meat you use for the sandwiches is) for Trim Healthy Mamas.
Used with permission from Meggan Larson.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.