“Trim Healthy Mama Pancakes”
It sounds like “Trim Healthy Mama Pancakes” might be an oxymoron… but it’s not! These little treats are the most fabulous pancakes sure to please the whole family with no worries of a drop in blood sugar after consuming a mountain at breakfast! Whipping up a batch takes almost no time, and pouring them straight from the blender is the only way to go when you need a fast and easy breakfast “go to” meal!
- 1 cup -Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup -Low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup -Egg whites
- 2 tsp. -Baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 2-3 tsp. THM Gentle Sweet or favorite sweetener
- Put Old Fashioned Oats into blender and blend until oats turn into powder
- Add Liquid Egg Whites from the carton
- Add cottage cheese (1% is best, but 2% is okay), or non-fat cottage cheese.
- Add baking powder
- Add sweetener and dash of vanilla
- Blend well.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or nonstick fry pan to medium temperature.
- Spray the pan or skillet with a tiny bit of oil spray, or moisten it with the slightest amount of butter.
- Ladle mix onto skillet or pan in desired pancake-sized shapes.
*Top your pancakes with a handful of blueberries, raspberries, or small amounts of any fruit you desire (even small amounts of canned peaches or apricots in sugar-free syrup would be okay). Add a couple of generous tablespoons of plain 0% low-fat Greek or regular yogurt and swirl on a little sugar-free syrup.
*Note: Use the spatula to help spread the pancakes out a little if the mix is too thick. Once bottom of pancakes are golden browned and tops have bubbles, carefully use spatula to brown on opposite sides. Transfer pancakes to a paper towel for a minute before placing on serving platter.
1/3= 1 E meal serving.
1 batch= nine medium-sized pancakes.
Save the other six in the fridge between paper towels for additional meals.
ps…be sure to check back here on TheLaundryMoms.com each Thursday for new recipes!
*photo credit: Jacinda Vandenberg
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM-compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.