“Trim Healthy Mama Hot Cross Muffins”
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Just in time for the celebration for Resurrection Sunday! Enjoy these traditional treats, Trim Healthy Mama Style! The Laundry Moms are so thankful this year for Amazing Grace, and Amazing foods to celebrate the foundation of our faith with the ones we love!
Blessings to you and your family as we celebrate the Risen Lord with fellowship and delicious Trim Healthy Mama meals!
Check Out the Recipe Below!
- 2 medium/large carrots (about 2 shredded rounded cups, not packed)
- 1 small zucchini (optional strips for cross on top)
- 1 cup ground almonds or almond flour
- Raisins (raisins are not officially on the weight loss part of the plan but if you cut them in half and use just a few, they can squeeze in for this special easter occasion)
- Grated rind of 1 unwaxed orange
- 2 large organic eggs (extra large)
- 2 tblsps extra virgin olive oil or warmed coconut oil
- THM Sweetener to taste (the original recipe calls for 1/3 cup of honey, which is not on plan & could spike your blood sugar, so we preferred to use the powdered stevia to taste and you will need to play with the consistency depending on your sweetener of choice and the amount)
- 1 tblsp organic cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 rounded tsps cinnamon
- ½ rounded tsp ground ginger
- ½ rounded tsp nutmeg
- ¼ rounded tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix quickly because the vinegar starts to react with the soda right away and this helps the muffins to rise.
- Place some paper cases into a muffin tray. This recipe makes 12 muffins. These are approximate though since it depends on the size of your muffin cups
- Fill the muffin cups to just over half full and place two strips of zucchini on top to form a cross.
- (or you can mix up some yummy cream cheese frosting to add after they cool)(our personal favorite!)
- Bake in the oven for twenty minutes @ 350 then turn down the heat to 300°F for a further 10 to 15 minutes.
- They are cooked when a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Don’t be tempted to open the door before 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely and Enjoy!
***NOTE: This recipe would be categorized as a crossover on the Trim Healthy Mama plan.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.