After 10 ½ months, I finally jumped on the Trim Healthy Mama bandwagon.
No applause needed, at least not yet.
It’s been 11 days. Not sure what to tell you ladies, except the truth.
So here goes…
I resisted this bandwagon all year long. Mostly because I was ticked that my friend, who shall remain nameless (ahem….Terri Bonin!) got me all excited about ANOTHER GREAT plan this time last year! I was still mentally mulling over THAT plan, when she comes to me with a NEW PLAN in January. My brain was still on the LAST plan and could not compute the two competing philosophies. Not only was it Terri who was excited, but to make matters worse, my other co-blogger Laundry Mom, ANGELA as well! I’ll never forget that day in early January of this year when they told me all about Trim Healthy Mama, and how excited they were to read it.
I admit it
I was NOT going to get on another fad. No way..No how.
Me and my pudgy self were just fine.
I really thought I was going to do it, especially since The Laundry Moms were all on board.
Even as so many of my friends on THM were melting in front of me, my heart was still resisting the change.
I can’t really say what changed my mind. Except the fact that my neighbor let me borrow the book and I made a mental choice to dive in. My husband needs to lose a few pounds too and has really wanted to support me so the time was right. No one pushed me and no one ‘encouraged/guilted’ me into starting.
I just started.
It has been 11 days and here is what I know:
- I don’t own a scale so I don’t know how much I weighed when I started. My clothes are my indicator. They are slightly looser.
- The system is simple, don’t let the size of the book fool you. I skimmed it and figured out what to do.
- Find a buddy who has done this, or you can join the THM facebook group, and ask questions. I text my friend daily questions about what to buy, where to eat, whether I can I have this or that, where the heck you find Xanthum Gum, Glucomanen, etc.
- It’s not a diet, it’s just a way to eat that works.
- I like the fact that it gives me single serving portions. It makes things more doable than having to multiply several large recipes for the entire family.
- I feel better, more even keeled. No more highs and lows through the day.
- My husband is happy on it because he can have all the chicken wings he wants!
- I get to eat more than I thought I could, and am never hungry. I love the S meals!
- The skinny chocolate has saved me so far.
At this point, that’s pretty much it. I am not in a hurry and will give you another report in four months. I’m grateful to The Laundry Moms for posting new fun THM recipes weekly as well.
If you are on the fence, jump off and see how you feel in 30 days.
The Reluctant Trim Healthy Mama
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.