Tasty Tomato Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
This is a new twist on tomato soup and it’s absolutely amazing. It’s exactly what you need on a cold day to warm the cockles of your heart (whatever those are). Whip this together, sit in front of the fire place (or your Netflix fireplace if you don’t have a real one) and enjoy the warmth spreading through your veins.
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 14oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup of Refined Coconut Oil (melted)
- THM Mineral Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Stalk of Celery
- 1 Small Carrot
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2TB Butter
- 1 drop of Young Living Basil Essential Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spray a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Separate the tomatoes from the juice (setting the juice aside for later) and spread out the tomatoes onto the greased baking sheet.
- Season well with salt and pepper, drizzle 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil over the tomatoes, and roast until caramelized (about 15 minutes).
- While that’s cooking, put a large saucepan over low-medium heat and melt the rest of the coconut oil.
- Dice up the celery, carrot, onion, and garlic and simmer in the pan until they’re all soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add the roasted tomatoes, tomato juice, butter, bay leaf, and chicken broth to the saucepan and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Add the 1/2 cup of cream and the drop of basil essential oil.
- Use a hand held immersion blender to puree the soup until it’s completely smooth.
Adapted from The Food Network.com
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.