Switch On Your Brain
by Linda Potgieter
Did you know…
- 1 out of 4 Americans takes psychiatric drugs.
- The WHO (World Health Organization) proved that developing nations without access to these (psychotropic) drugs recover better from major mental issues than we do.
- Perceiving events negatively is linked to a 43% decrease in health over a 12 month period.
- The mind controls the brain. And your brain controls your body. Your brain is NOT in charge. Every thought you have creates your reality, which is merely your perception. God has provided an infinite amount of possibilities of perceptions.
- 98% of everything about you is a result of your thought life.
- Unforgiveness is scientifically proven to cause brain damage & life-threatening disease.
- You increase your ability to heal on all levels by 68% when you remove the focus from yourself and your problems and reach out to help others.
- 75% of new doctors are on psychotropics (the only category of medication the world’s leading neurosurgeons, neuroscientists, endocrinologists and other medical and allied professionals classify as ‘bad, damaging drugs’).
- Actively, daily seeking God’s ways through mind, body, and spirit propels us into a purposeful life! Journaling is a scientifically powerful activity that connects the non-conscious with the conscious and when we intentionally ask Holy Spirit to guide us, we place ourselves in the perfect position to grow, influence, lead, and love.
This is just a 3-minute extract from Dr. Caroline Leaf’s ‘The Perfect You’ conference held in Dallas, Texas this past December – which I just had to share with you! The woman speaks like a high-speed train but amazingly…
I caught the vision and have started studying and dissecting it.
Dr. Caroline Leaf is a neuroscientist, global circuit speaker, author and TV show host who has (thank you, Lord!) dumbed down the science behind the power of our minds. Her revolutionary work shows that the mind controls the brain, and with that power in our hands, anything is possible!
We read this in the bible, right? We also hear regularly (if you tap into personal development and spiritual teaching) how our thoughts determine our words which determine our actions. But HOW do we take our thoughts captive? HOW do we get a grip on those toxic thoughts that we can’t seem to conquer once and for all? HOW, Lord, do I rip out that old toxic root that seems so embedded in my head and my heart and negatively impacts me every single day?! There is a way.
Dr. Leaf has a program called the ’21 Day Brain Detox’ that costs just $29 for a full year, which you can get at www.21daybraindetox.com
I am in my 7th round of this 21-day program and friend, this is GOOD stuff! This is the toolkit that will help you to see and experience the power of your mind, which is created in the image of Christ. And what better time to dive into this wonderfully simplified science than at the end of the year before we find ourselves busy with new year goals and schedules and activities?
I wanted this article to be something special, something fabulous, something fashion! But I kept circling back to Dr. Leaf’s 21-day program, and how it impacts every single aspect of my life because our thoughts control everything. So I am convinced that ending the year on this powerful toolkit is as fabulous as my favorite pair of high heels.
So if you’re anything like me, if you have some great thoughts about many things, but you find those same recurring toxic thoughts in some areas of your life that you are just done with, I cannot recommend highly enough that you invest some quiet time in checking out Dr. Leaf and consider doing her ’21 day brain detox’. It will set you up for a powerful, focused 2018, and you will find that replacing toxic thoughts with healthy, life-giving new thoughts will have you dressing better and looking and feeling fabulous for the new year ahead!
I wish you and your family a very blessed time together this January, and I want to thank you for taking the time to read this message. I leave you with a final thought: as a woman who invests heavily in your family, your work and in others, why not make an investment in yourself today and buy yourself the online program and the book ‘Switch On Your Brain’? Her new book ‘The Perfect You’ is also excellent and comes with a very meaty personal profiling questionnaire that I am about to begin.
You are worthy, and the return on that investment will be significant…and magnificent!
Linda is a wife and mother, and Partner & Director of JPA Ltd, a global negotiation training firm headquartered in London. She is also Founder of LindaPaige, a fashion brand that empowers women to be a bold light on a hill in this world. Born and raised in South Africa, she currently lives in the UK with her husband and 2 children.
Linda started working at age 17 and spent most of her career in the corporate arena, often the youngest on the team enjoying powerful on the job training, learning from ambitious, accomplished executives what the marketplace wants.
Linda had the immense privilege of serving on former President Nelson Mandela’s PR team in 1998. As the final member of a team of 5, Linda and her colleagues organized the Vulindlela Water Supply Scheme in Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa, on Human Rights Day in March 1998. Awarded along with her team members for her performance in this role, she cites this experience as one of her distinct career highlights, referencing Nelson Mandela as her leadership standard in life, and continues her involvement today in fighting oppression and injustice.
After relocating to the UK in 2002, Linda won a national sales award in January 2006 from the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management (UK) (ISMM) for ‘Best New Sales Professional in Britain’. She is passionate about sales and loves working with people, a combination that opened up fantastic career opportunities for her across geographical and cultural boundaries, working on negotiation training projects with some of the worlds largest brands such as Adidas, Network Rail, EON, Mercer, Nestle, Pfizer, Nokia, and Vodafone. Her clients cite her training style as “…highly motivational, passionate and performance impacting”.
Linda is extremely dedicated to her own personal growth and attends regular leadership training in the USA which she cites as life-changing. On a personal note, she is an adrenaline junkie continuing her pursuit of the next thrill in adventure sports, she loves traveling the world exploring good food, good wine and when there are gaps, she is home socializing with her family and friends.