Sweet and Tangy Chicken Wings
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
The classic chicken wings dish sometimes needs a new twist with a little sweetness and a little tang! This recipe gives new life to the tried and true favorite the whole family will enjoy! Check it out… but please note we’re not responsible for finger licking going on around the dinner table! LOL
Check Out the Recipe Below…
Trim Healthy Mama
Keto Menu Plans
- 24-48 defrosted chicken wings
- 1/2 cup of Gwen’s Nest sugar-free brown sugar
- Stevia to taste
- Mineral Sea Salt
- 2.5 cups of water
- 5 Cloves of Garlic diced
- 1 Tsp of Ground Ginger
- 1/4 cup of Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Bake chicken wings at 375 for 15-20 minutes (without sauce) until they are crispy but not yet fully cooked.
- In a pot add the “brown sugar”, stevia, sprinkle of sea salt, sprinkle of pepper, diced garlic, ground ginger, liquid aminos, and water. Stir together and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling sprinkle glucomannan over it while stirring constantly until it thickens to a sauce consistency. 3-4 tsp depending upon how thick you want it. Remember that it continues to thicken so less is more.
- Transfer chicken wings into a baking dish and pour sauce over them (half of the sauce for 24 wings, all of it for 48 wings.)
- Place chicken back in oven and bake until the sauce is bubbling and the wings are fully cooked (no longer pink at the bone and juices running clear). Approximately another 15-20 minutes.
If you’d like to have healthy meals all planned out for you grab our FREE menu plans!
*This ‘S’ Recipe for THM and used with permission by Meggan Larson
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.