Sweet and Spicy Skillet Rice and Beans
~ Trim Healthy Mama Friendly ~
This is a very easy recipe to throw together at the end of the week when you’re mostly left with canned goods in the pantry. It’s incredibly tasty and high in protein without using any meat. Sure to be a family favorite, this one’s a keeper!
- 1 & 1/2 cups of Brown Rice (uncooked)
- 1 tsp. Refined Coconut Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Pepper
- Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 small can of pineapple (in its own juices – no sugar)
- Heavy Sprinkle of THM Mineral Salt
- Heavy Sprinkle of Black Pepper
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 can of Red Kidney Beans
- 1 jar of Sugar Free Salsa
- Cook 1 & 1/2 cups of brown rice, set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan and add the diced garlic.
- Once the garlic is sautéed add in the diced up red pepper.
- Let that sauté for a few minutes and then add the can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed).
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and all in the onion powder.
- Add in between 1/2 to 3/4 of a jar of sugar free salsa. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Throw in about 3/4 of a small can of pineapple and a few splashes of hot sauce.
- Stir around and continue to simmer.
- Mix in the rice and stir around until well heated.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Note: This recipe is an E for Trim Healthy Mamas.
Shared with permission from Meggan Larson.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.