Superb Spinach Salad
~Trim Healthy Mama & Keto Friendly~
Nothing says summertime like a hearty salad teeming with loads of delicious goodies that will make it feel more like a cheat than a nutritious bowl of greens! This delicious salad will not only fill you up but keep you going without the feeling of a heavy meal! It’s so delicious we anticipate you’ll be adding this one to your list of favorites!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 3 whole Eggs
- 7 slices Bacon
- 1 whole Red Onion, Small
- 1 package Mushrooms, White Button
- 8 ounces, weight Baby Spinach, Washed Dried And Stems Removed
- 3 Tablespoons Reserved Bacon Grease
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- THM Sweetener to taste or liquid Stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 dash Himalayan Salt
- Blue Cheese Crumbles (1/4 cup)
- Walnuts (handful ~ optional)
- Cook eggs: cover with water, bring to a boil, then turn off heat and allow to sit in water for 20 minutes. Drain off water and add ice on top of eggs.
- Fry bacon until crispy/chewy. Remove to a paper towel.
- Remove 3 tablespoons grease and set aside.
- Add 2 add’l tablespoons of grease to a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Slice red onions very thinly, then add to skillet. Cook slowly until onions are caramelized and reduced.
- Slice mushrooms and add them to the same skillet. Cook slowly until caramelized and brown.
- Chop bacon.
- Peel and slice eggs and scatter through the salad.
- Make hot bacon dressing: Add 3 tablespoons bacon grease, vinegar, sweetener, and Dijon to a small saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat. Whisk mixture together and heat thoroughly.
- Add spinach to a large bowl. Arrange onions, mushrooms, and bacon on top. Scatter Walnuts (optional) & Pour hot dressing over the top, sprinkle blue cheese crumbles & toss to combine.
Serves 2 people.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.