Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
This is a yummy low carb version of a Philly Cheesesteak. I know it’s not exactly the same without the bread but it’s a good substitute if you’re not doing bread right now. Isn’t it nice to find new ways to make old favorites?
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 6oz. Sirloin Steak
- Mineral Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1-2 tsp. Butter (to grease pan)
- 3/4 cup Onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup diced Green Peppers
- 2TB Mayonaise
- 2oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3oz. Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms (medium size with no cracks)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Coat a cookie sheet with butter to grease it.
- Take the mushrooms and gently remove the stems, scoop out the gills, and top with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the steak.
- Heat up a skillet to high and let get hot before adding some butter and the steak.
- Cook thoroughly on each side (2-3 minutes total) then put on a cutting board and slice thinly.
- Reduce heat on the skillet to medium and cook the onions and peppers for a few minutes until soft.
- In a large bowl mix together the steak, onions, peppers, mayonnaise, cream cheese, sour cream, and mozzarella cheese.
- Add about 1/2 cup to each mushroom cap.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are tender.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
Photo Credit and Original Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.