If I was going to be stranded on a deserted island and could only take ONE cleaning product with me it would be….
I LOVE BAKING SODA!
It is down right ridiculous how many uses this product has and how cheap it is!
I use it to:
- Whiten my teeth
- Put out kitchen fires (Yes, after 24 years of cooking for my man, I still catch dinner on fire.)
- Keep the freezer smelling fresh
- Exfoliate my face
- Drink to balance my alkalinity
- Take the “gas” out of beans
- Make my baked goods rise
- Scrub spots off my kitchen counters
- Make a poultice for bug bites
- Relieve canker sore pain
- And freshen a load in the washing machine
There are MANY MORE uses for baking soda, but the above are my favorites.
OK…now for the warnings…This past week when I exfoliated my face, I accidentally scrubbed my forehead RAW! Learn from my mistake: It just takes a light rub, not a HARSH SCRUB to get the dead skin off your beautiful face! OUCH! Now instead of dead skin, a tender pink forehead rests above my eyes! *lightly rub*
And the other warning actually comes from my amazingly, wonderful dentist husband. He tells me to use just a little bit of baking soda on my teeth, or better yet simply buy the toothpaste that boasts baking soda in the list of ingredients. This will protect me from brushing away the enamel, since I am so aggressive with my scrubbing habits!! Exhibit 1: my forehead!
If you were going to be stranded on an island and could only take one cleaner what would it be?