~ Trim Healthy Mama Friendly ~
When you don’t want to wait for dough to ferment, this recipe is for you. It’s ready quickly in the case of accidentally forgetting to take something out for dinner and only realizing that at 4 p.m. (not that any of us have ever done that…). Sprouted pizza to the rescue! In under an hour you can have pizza ready for dinner and no one will ever know. 😉
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 3 cups of sprouted whole wheat flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. Raw Honey
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. of THM Himalayan Sea Salt (Canadians get it here)
- 2 & 1/4 tsp. dry active yeast
- 1 & 1/4 cup of water (room temperature)
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1/2lb chicken (skinless)
- Sugar Free Pizza Sauce
- Veggies of choice
- Sprinkle of Light Cheese
- Put the water, salt, and honey in a large bowl and stir together.
- Add in yeast and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add in the sprouted flour and stir together.
- Add more water 1 tsp. at a time if needed.
- Once the dough is holding together, remove from bowl and knead together until moist and soft (about 5 minutes).
- Put the ball back into the bowl and cover with a dish towel for 30 minutes or until it’s doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out to fit your greased (with butter) pizza pan.
- Spread sugar free pizza (or pasta) sauce on top and add your toppings (veggies and extremely lean or fat free meat – chicken, turkey, ham, etc) and sprinkle lightly with light cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 425.
- Serve & enjoy!
Shared with permission from Meggan Larson.
*Note: This recipe is an E for Trim Healthy Mamas.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.