Springtime Veggie Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Normally you wouldn’t think of having soup in the Spring, but this delicious garden variety soup is perfect for those days that cool off or those rainy days inside! Enjoy this pot of goodness and any leftovers with a side salad or sandwich!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 quarts bone broth
- 1 medium onion peeled and quartered
- 1 head of garlic peel the cloves but you can leave them whole!
- 1/2 lb spring greens such as nettles baby spinach, radish greens, beet greens (about 5ish cups)
- 5-6 small/medium carrots tops removed
- 1 bunch radishes about 10 or so radishes. If your radishes are small you can use more. You can leave the tops right on!
- 1 bunch asparagus tough ends discarded
- 1 medium leek Discard the green top and slice length-wise to wash out the sand from the insides – no need to chop further!
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Optional raw cream or whole sour cream and fresh chopped chives to garnish
Everything but the salt, pepper, and garnishes into the Instant Pot, put the lid on, and close the valve.
Push the “Soup” setting and bring the time down manually to 10 minutes. It will turn on automatically and take about 15 minutes to come to pressure before the 10 minutes counts down.
When the Instant Pot is done cooking the soup, release the valve to let the pressure out, remove the lid, and use an immersion blender (or pour the cooked soup into a regular blender) to puree the soup until smooth. Add sea salt and pepper to your taste.
Garnish each bowl with raw cream or sour cream and freshly chopped chives.
*adapted from Raising Generational Nourished.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.