“Special Occasion Cake”
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Just in time for Mother’s Day with all the pleasure and NONE of the guilt, you can enjoy this incredible Special Occasion Chocolate Cake and feel just as special as you really are on this Mother’s Day! Enjoy this Delectable Treat from our favorite Trim Healthy Mama’s!
Check Out the Recipe Below!
- store-bought coconut flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- golden flax meal• baking powder
- baking soda
- coconut oil
- coconut milk
- Place 1 cup store-bought coconut flour into mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup ground golden flax, ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tsp. baking powder, and 2 tsp. baking soda.
- Add 3-4 Tbs. Truvia and ¼ tsp. Nunaturals. This is a large layered cake so you need quite a bit of sweetness.
- Rub all ingredients between palms of your hands to remove lumps and combine well into a nice fine meal.
- Crack 10 eggs into blender.
- Add ½ cup coconut oil.
- Add 1 ½ cans full-fat coconut milk.
- Add generous dash of vanilla.
- Blend well and pour contents of blender into dry ingredients.
- Combine ingredients well and let sit for 5 minutes while greasing two cake or bread tins.
- Divide mixture evenly between two cake tins and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Cool cakes before trying to remove them from tins.
Icing for Cake – (superfood option)
- coconut milk
- cocoa powder
- coconut oil
- Pour 1 can full-fat coconut milk into blender.
- Add 2 omega-3 eggs.
- Add 1Tbs. pure vanilla.
- Add ½ cup cocoa powder.
- Add enough sweetener to taste. If using only Nunaturals, use at least ⅛ tsp. If you have a real sweet tooth, you will need ¼ tsp. If using only Truvia, you’ll need 8-10 tsp. You can also use a combination of the two sweeteners.
- Add ¾ cup virgin coconut oil (use Louanna cooking coconut oil if budget is an issue, but since we’re going “all out” in this recipe, virgin is best).
- Blend well and transfer to refrigerator for mix to chill and thicken as hard as butter.
Icing for Cake – (quick version)
- unsalted butter
- unsweetened baker’s chocolate or cocoa powder
- hot water
- Put 1 ½ quarters softened unsalted butter into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1oz. melted unsweetened chocolate square. Use 2 unsweetened chocolate squares if you like a darker chocolate taste, or the squares may be substituted with ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Grind 10 tsp. Truvia in coffee grinder and add to mixing bowl, or use ¼ tsp Nunaturals
- Beat mixture with electric beater for a few minutes.
- Add a little hot water to thin consistency to more spreadable icing.
- Taste for sweetness and add more ground Truvia if desired.
Raspberry Lemon Glaze–
- lemon juice
- Put one package of fresh or frozen raspberries in blender
- Add 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 6 teaspoons of Truvia ground in coffee grinder or 1/4 teaspoon of Nunaturals
And if you just can’t wait for the drawing or would like to give the signed copy of the book as a gift… go ahead and get your copy of the book below!
Thank You to http://blog.paulmichaelhome.com/ for allowing us to use their location for the photo shoot!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.