Spaghetti Squash Chicken Casserole
~ Trim Healthy Mama Friendly ~
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – you had me at bacon! It’s the hidden ingredient in this recipe and makes a recipe go from good to awesome. It’s the healthiest version I’ve seen of this type of recipe since it doesn’t have any heavy cream or gobs of sour cream in it. It’s still creamy and delicious and you should make it tonight!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 3 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 pkg of bacon (cooked)
- 1lb of frozen cauliflower
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of shredded light mozzarella cheese
- 1TB Butter
- 2TB Nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Heavy sprinkle of THM Mineral Salt (Canadians get it here)
- Sprinkle of Black Pepper
- Heavy sprinkle of garlic powder
- Heavy sprinkle of onion powder
- Optional 1/3 cup of chopped jalapeños
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Spread butter on the inside and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 until a fork can easily pierce it (45 minutes to an hour). Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the cooked chicken, jalapeños, and cooked/chopped bacon.
- Steam cauliflower and pepper until tender then chop into bite sized pieces.
- In a separate bowl mix together the coconut milk, cheese, and spices.
- Scoop out the now cooled spaghetti squash and add it to the chicken.
- Add the cauliflower and pepper to the chicken mixture and pour the sauce on top. Mix well.
- Bake at 350 in a 9×13 sized pan for about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
*Photo Credit + Recipe adapted from Mama Shire.com
*Note: This recipe is a light S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.