South of the Border Enchilada Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
Have you been looking for a recipe to spice things up in order to get away from the usual boring go to recipes you’ve eaten week after week? Well, look no further cause this “South of the Border Enchilada Soup” is going to be a new favorite in your house! Not only is it super tasty but it’s also super simple!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 onion, peeled (Vidalia or other sweet is fine)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled (or 3 tsp minced jarred garlic)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 6 cups chicken broth (3 cans)
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste (may freeze the rest for later use in zip loc bag, depending on taste)
- 1 lb rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded (1lb thinly sliced chicken breast or 7-8 chicken tenders)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1-2 drops of Young Living Lime Essential Oil
- Sprinkle of THM Mineral salt (Canadians get it here)
- Sprinkle of Pepper
- Puree first 3 ingredients together in food processor.
- Heat stock pot with coconut oil add the puree, chili powder, cumin and tomato paste, sauté stirring constantly about 1 minute.
- Add broth and lime essential oil and let simmer for 15 minutes. (You can simmer longer to enhance flavors).
- Add in thinly sliced chicken breast (or shredded rotisserie) and simmer about 15 more minutes.
- Add in salt and pepper (a few dashes of Tabasco are good too) to your liking.
- Before serving stir in a cup of cheddar cheese until melted.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with full fat sour cream , more cheese, diced tomatoes and scallions.
- sour cream, full fat
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- scallion, chopped
- tomato, diced
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*Recipe adapted from Wholesomelicious.
*Note: This recipe is Keto & Paleo Friendly and would fall under the ‘light or heavy S’ category in Trim Healthy Mama plan (depending on how much cheese you use and garnishes)!
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.