“Snowflake Meringue Cookies”
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Looking for a sweet treat that is as light as a snowflake? We have the perfect holiday solution…”Snowflake Meringue Cookies” will melt in your mouth and keep the pounds away no matter how many festive parties you attend, just bring these little gems along and enjoy the fun!
Snowflake Meringue Cookies
4 egg whites
6 tbsp erythritol, xylitol, or THM sweetener of choice (Canadians get it here)
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/8 tsp salt
a squirt/tsp of flavoring of choice (ex. chocolate, espresso, ginger, cinnamon.. have fun!)
- Preheat oven to 250F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange oven racks on second lowest and second highest positions.
- In a glass/metal bowl, combine egg whites, erythritol, xylitol, or sweetener of choice, cream of tartar and salt. Beat on medium high until medium stiff peaks form and mixture becomes somewhat glossy. Don’t beat until stiff.
- Spoon meringues onto a pan with parchment paper. (Makes 20-24 meringues).
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 250. Then reduce oven temperature to 200 and continue to bake for another 18 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let meringues it inside for 2 hours or longer.
- Remove from pan and peel off parchment.
- Important Note: Using xylitol for this recipe requires a longer dry-out time for the meringues. (Overnight).
*NOTE: These cookies are a great ‘FP’ treat on the Trim Healthy Mama plan!
*Created Exclusively for The Laundry Moms by Annalise Bonin
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.