Slow Cooker Taco Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Soups on! This delicious Taco Soup is just the ticket to warm hearts and bellies around the table as temperatures drop! Grab a spoon and a bowl cause everyone’s going to be coming back for seconds for this dinner! Hopefully, you’ll have some of this goodness leftover for lunch the next day…but no promises!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb beef, turkey, or chicken, ground
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- ½ diced zucchini
- 1 15 -ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (optional)
- 1 4.5-ounce can green chiles
- 1 tsp ground chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 5 cups sodium-free beef broth or chicken broth
- 2 fresh limes cut into wedges for each serving
- *Optional additions just before serving: jalapeño slices, cilantro, and avocado
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium flame.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Break up the ground meat, place in the pan, and continue cooking until thoroughly browned.
- Transfer meat mixture to slow cooker.
- Add bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, chipotle peppers, green chilies, spices, and pepper to the pot.
- Pour in broth and cover. Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- To serve: Ladle hot soup into bowls and squeeze lime juice into each.
- Add optional ingredients if desired.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from The Paleo Diet
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.