Scrumptious Slimming Roast
~ Trim Healthy Mama Friendly ~
If you’ve never made a roast before, this one is definitely for you. It’s easy to put together, simple to monitor, and all you have to do is put the ingredients in a covered pot and wait for the delightful aromas to waft through your home. Surprise your family with this delicious and tender roast and the yummy veggies too!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- Roast (Beef or Pork, 2lbs)
- Bag of Baby Carrots
- 1-2lbs of radishes
- 1/8-1/4 cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 toothpick drop of Young Living Oregano Vitality Essential Oil
- 2tsp of THM Mineral Salt (Canadians get it here)
- 1-2tsp of Black Pepper
- 1-2 tsp. of Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. of Onion Powder
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. of THM Gluccie (Canadians get it here)
- Place carrots and radishes on the bottom of the dish.
- Add 1 cup of water, the oregano oil, and 1/8 – 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Place the roast (fat side up) on top of the veggies.
- Cover roast with salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder.
- Bake in a covered dish at 400 for 15 minutes then turn the oven down to 325 for anywhere from 1 – 2 hours (check to see if cooked after 1 hour then adjust time based on that). *Note – a pork roast will take longer to cook than a beef roast.
- To make gravy from the juices simply put the juices in a sauce pan and sprinkle 1/2 tsp of gluccie while whisking constantly. If in a minute it isn’t thick enough add another 1/2 tsp.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas. Cut back on the carrots and add a side salad and you’re good to go. 🙂
Shared with permission from Meggan Larson.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.