Slap Your Mama Spinach Dip
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
This delicious spinach dip is a mouth-watering combination of cheese and bacon that lures everyone to gather around this appetizer like hungry bears. It’s easy and if you’re truly in a pinch, buy precooked bacon and pre-diced onions to cut the preparation time down significantly. Enjoy one of our favorite appetizers cause it’s so good it’ll make you want to shout out loud and slap your Mama! (but don’t…don’t do that…give her a BIG hug instead! LOL)
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 5-slices bacon
- 1-tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 2-cups sliced mushrooms
- 1-small onion, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2-cloves garlic, minced
- 1-tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1-tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4-teaspoon pepper
- 3-cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1-3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2-cup dairy sour cream
- 2-tablespoons almond milk
- Joseph’s pitas
1. Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, (or open the bag of prefried bacon.) Drain bacon on paper towels (if you did it the old fashioned way); crumble four of the bacon slices and set aside. Crumble the remaining slice of bacon; cover and chill for garnish.
2. Remove drippings from pan, OR throw away the plastic bag if you took my short cut advice. Add the coconut oil to the pan. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until mushrooms are tender. Stir in vinegar, mustard, and pepper. Stir in spinach; cook and stir for 30 seconds or until spinach is wilted. Add cream cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, the 2 tablespoons almond milk, and the four slices of crumbled bacon. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and chill for 4 to 36 hours.
3. To serve, stir dip. Lay the dish on the table and bolt away before hands start flying into the bowl. This is the part that is dangerous. Back away from the table until your guests have filled their plates with this delicious dip and be prepared to swiftly put another one out. Stir in additional milk until mixture is of dipping consistency. Top with chilled bacon. Serve with Joseph’s pita’s and take a bow. Good job!! Makes 32 1-tablespoon servings.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.