Scrumptious Pumpkin Soup
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
This power-packed soup not only supports the digestive, endocrine, and respiratory systems, with drops of healing essential oil goodness but it’s also delicious on a cold fall night! A fun treat for the kiddos to help scoop out the pumpkin seeds and watch it bake in the oven. Just in time for those fall get-togethers!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 Large Pumpkin
- 4TB of Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1-2TB THM Gentle Sweet or your favorite sweetener
- Black pepper to taste or 1-2 drops of Young Living Black Pepper Vitality Essential Oil
- Thyme to taste or1-2 drops of Young Living Thyme Vitality Essential Oil
- Clove to taste or1-2 drops of Young Living Clove Vitality Essential Oil
- 4 cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 Small Shallots
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Scoops of Whey Protein
- Mineral Salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly coat the outside of the pumpkin with coconut oil and bake (whole) on the bottom rack for an hour.
- Remove pumpkin from the oven and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Once it has cooled enough cut in half (horizontally) but be careful of the steam! Scoop out the seeds and set them aside.
- Scoop out the rest of the pumpkin and place in a food processor with 1 cup of chicken broth and 2 scoops of Pristine Whey Protein powder. Blend until smooth.
- In a large pot heat up some coconut oil and add the diced shallots. Saute them over medium heat until they are golden brown.
- Add the pumpkin puree into the pot and put in the rest of the chicken broth, coconut milk, cayenne pepper, and sweetener. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Just before removing the soup from the heat add in a few pinches of mineral salt and the essential oils. Be very careful not to add more than a drop or two of each oil or you may make the soup too strong.
- Feel free to add in a few pumpkin seeds as garnish with each bowl served.
If you’d like to have healthy meals all planned out for you grab our FREE menu plans!
*Adapted from the Young Living EO Magazine.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.