Scrumptious Green Bean Casserole
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Continuing on our trend of all things Thanksgiving for this month, we bring to you this amazing green bean casserole! Isn’t it wonderful to have sides at your Thanksgiving meal that won’t add to your weight? This green bean casserole is yummy and slimming when you pair it with other fats!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 pound of Green Beans (trimmed and cooked)
- 1/3 pound of bacon (cooked and diced)
- 3oz. Minced Onion
- 1 clove of Garlic minced
- 4TB Dry White Wine
- 1TB Minced Parsley
- 1 drop of Young Living Lemon Vitality Essential Oil
- 2TB Bacon Fat
- 6oz. Softened 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese
- 3oz. Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 & 1/2tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of Pork Rinds (crushed)
- 1/8 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1-2 tsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 casserole dish.
- Steam your green beans to your desired liking and set aside in a large bowl with the chopped bacon and mix together.
- In a large skillet heat up the bacon fat and then add the minced onion. Cook until translucent then add the minced garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the parsley, drop of lemon vitality oil, and wine and saute for a minute.
- Add the cream cheese in chunks and add the chicken broth by 1/4 cup until the cream cheese has melted.
- Turn heat down to low and let it sit for a few minutes then add the cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and salt & pepper.
- Taste and adjust as needed then pour the sauce into the bowl with the green beans and bacon.
- Pour the green bean mixture into the casserole dish.
- In a small bowl add the crushed pork rinds, 1/8 tsp. of granulated garlic, and salt to taste. Add 1-2 tsp. of olive oil and mix together.
- Sprinkle the mixture on top of the casserole and put in the oven. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes (until sides are bubbling).
- Remove from oven, let sit for a few minutes and serve.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas .
Recipe credit to lowcarbmaven.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.