“Scrumptious Carrot Muffins “
As the weather turns from cool to down right chilly it’s always good to have a warm satisfied tummy to help keep you going through the day! These “Scrumptious Carrot Muffins ” will fill you & your family with nutrition and keep you on the Trim Healthy Mama plan.
They are so scrumptious, you might even sneak a treat for a late afternoon snack or dessert if they last that long!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour/meal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp orange peel
- 2 egg, separated
- 1/2 tsp stevia (or to taste), or THM sweetener of choice (conversion chart here)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place paper liners in a 12-cup muffin pan (or grease the cups).
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, pecans, flaxseeds, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Stir in the carrots and orange peel.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, stevia (or sweetener of choice), almond milk, melted coconut oil and applesauce.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs whites and cream of tartar until still peaks form.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture until fully combined.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and combine well.
- Divide batter among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes on 350.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely on the rack.
Check Out the Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe Here!
*Note-This recipe is an “S Helper” on the Trim Healthy Mama due to the applesauce.
*Created Exclusively for The Laundry Moms by Annalise Bonin
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.