Savory Sloppy Joe’s
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
Sloppy Joe’s originated back in the 1930s in Cuba and became popular as an inexpensive way to feed a family! This still holds true today, so look no further for a simple budget-friendly option to add to your meal plan this week!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1lb of Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1/2 small Onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Joseph’s Pitas (2 pitas)
- 1tsp of Mineral Salt
- 1 Cup of Sugar-Free Pasta Sauce
- 1-2tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of butter or refined coconut oil
- Heat up the butter/coconut oil in a frying pan and add the garlic (diced), onion (diced), and green pepper (diced).
- Once tender, add the meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Once the meat is cooked, add in the cup of sugar-free pasta sauce and let simmer for a good 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the pitas in half and spread open to be able to put the meat mixture in each side.
- Once the simmering is complete fill each half of pita with the meat. You may need a knife and fork to eat this.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*Adapted from the Herbal Magic Recipe book. Photo credit: Pillsbury.com
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.