~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
A quick easy alternative to salmon fillets are these amazing croquettes, which keep your health and your taste buds happy! In fact, the whole family will be asking for seconds since these scrumptious patties melt in your mouth and are the perfect main course for a veggie side dish or a sweet potatoes fry or both!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
1 pound fresh salmon filet or 4 cans salmon
½ cup super fine almond flour
2 tablespoons red bell pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon onions, thinly sliced
2 whole egg
2 tablespoons butter
Healthy oil of your choice, for frying
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place the salmon on a baking rack over a baking sheet and brush with the oil. Add salt and pepper over the top and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Using a fork, flake the salmon apart and discard the skin. Add the salmon to a large mixing bowl along with the red pepper, egg, almond flour, scallions and 2 tablespoons of Bang Bang Sauce. Toss until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, form the cakes about 2-3″ in diameter and place on a plate lined with parchment paper. I was able to get 22 patties out of this batch. Alternatively, you can make them larger using an ice cream scoop, and extend the cooking time a bit.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium and add the oil and butter. Fry the salmon cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side or until slightly golden. Allow to drain on paper towels before serving.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days or freeze.Note: You can make this with canned salmon, but I highly recommend using fresh, if you’re able to.
If you’d like to have healthy meals all planned out for you grab our FREE menu plans!
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.