Salad in a Jar
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
I may be way late on this train but I had no idea that you could make a few salads, keep them in a jar (including the dressing!), and they would stay fresh for a week. Are you serious? Where has this been all my life?? I would much rather make salads once and enjoy them for days without having to remake the dressing and without them going soggy. This is the right way to start 2019!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- English Cucumber (1/4 cup)
- Romaine Lettuce
- Dill pickles (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Diced cooked Chicken (handful)
- 2-3TB Olive Oil
- Heavy Sprinkle of Sea Salt
- 1TB Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- In a mason jar put the olive oil, salt, and apple cider vinegar. (Taste to make sure you like it!)
- Next add the diced cucumber followed by the pickles, avocado, and chicken (or whatever other veggies you’d like).
- Top up the rest of the jar with romaine lettuce (cut into bite-sized pieces).
- That’s it! Don’t turn the jar upside down and make sure the ingredients go in as listed and you’re all set!
- Pour out onto a plate or large bowl when ready to eat!
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas .
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.