“Rosemary White Beans & Chicken”
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Winter white is what’s for dinner tonight! Well it’s almost spring but with the country experiencing frigid temperatures this is what we’re having for dinner! Just in time to warm our tummies and send the smell of rosemary drifting through the house!
This crowd pleaser is easy on the budget, and hopefully will give your crew lunch the next day!
Check out the Recipe Below…
- 1 rounded cup dried cannellini beans
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- fontina cheese or parmesan as a garnish
- Sort through beans and remove any grit or small pebbles disguised as beans. Let soak at room temperature overnight.
- Drain the beans, rinse, and drain again. Put in a large crockpot and add fresh water to cover. Add the garlic, rosemary sprigs, bay leaves, and olive oil. Cover with lid and cook on high for 6 hours or low 8-10 hours.
- Cook Chicken pieces in the oven at *350 for 1 hour, cut into bite size pieces and add into the beans.
- Remove and discard the rosemary sprigs and bay leaves. Stir in the chopped rosemary and season with salt and pepper to taste.
*lightly garnish with fontina cheese if desired
***Note: This Recipe is an ‘E’ Meal on the Trim Healthy Mama plan.
[Photo credit: Ray Kachatorian]
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.