Raspberry Crumb Bars
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
I can almost smell this delicious treat my Grandma used to make that’s perfect when needing a comfort food treat! Plus, this healthy alternative will keep you guilt-free while still indulging with the family at the pool, for family movie night, or your next special dinner!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
Shortbread Crust layer:
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp raw honey* or maple syrup
- pinch of lemon zest
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup walnuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Begin by making your filling, this has a jam consistency. In a medium saucepan, combine raspberries, honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Heat to a medium to medium-high heat, until mixture begins to bubble. Let bubble for 1-2 minutes, then lower heat to a simmer. While simmering, be sure to mash the berries with a wooden spoon. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, remove from heat. Add in chia seeds. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a glass jar or dish, and place in the fridge to cool completely. This will take about 1 hour, but you can also make the filling and let sit overnight.
Now make the crust: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper and lightly grease. Combine all of the shortbread crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixture is crumbly. Take mixture and carefully distribute over the parchment paper, pressing down firmly and evenly. Place inside the oven and bake for 13 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Leave the oven hot.
- While crust is cooling, make the crumb mixture. Combine all ingredients into your food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds, or until mixture is crumbly.
Once crust is cooled, spread the jam filling over the crust. Complete by topping with the crumb mixture. Now bake for 18-20 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Once cooled, slice into squares.
*If you need help to figure out why you are struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*Recipe adapted from Wholesomelicious.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.