“Quinoa Berry Porridge”
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Looking for a good alternative to that hearty bowl of oatmeal? Then it’s time to welcome Quinoa [KEEN-wah] into your life! This gluten-free superfood grain is packed full of iron and fiber and perfect as a great alternative protein source!
A bowl of goodness that will keep your tummy nice and warm so your fueled and ready to last through the morning!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- ½ cup dry quinoa (rinsed throughly)
- 1 ¼ cup water (or almond milk-optional)
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- ½ Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 handful frozen or fresh berries
- Optional: a touch of THM stevia to taste (Canadians get it here)
- Rinse Quinoa and soak if possible (you can do this overnight to help break down the grain to make it easier to digest)
- Bring water or milk to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add quinoa, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, until three-quarters of the water or almond milk has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in stevia and cinnamon. Cook, covered, until almost all the milk has been absorbed, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries or raspberries, and cook for 30 seconds if frozen
- Serve with additional almond milk, stevia, cinnamon, and your favorite berries!
NOTE: This would be an ‘E’ Meal on the Trim Healthy Mama Plan.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.