Pumpkin Soup Delight
~Trim Healthy Mama Friendly~
Here is a delightful pumpkin soup recipe with some additional healing drops included! Black pepper supports the respiratory, nervous, circulatory and digestive systems, thyme supports the endocrine and respiratory systems and may be helpful for those who have the dry itchy skin problem, and clove will keep you well and it supports the digestive and respiratory systems. Now that is a power packed soup!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 Large Pie Pumpkin
- 4TB of Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1-2TB THM Gentle Sweet (Canadians get it here)
- 1-2 drops of Young Living Black Pepper Vitality Essential Oil
- 1-2 drops of Young Living Thyme Vitality Essential Oil
- 1-2 drops of Young Living Clove Vitality Essential Oil
- 4 cups of Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 Small Shallots
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Scoops of THM Pristine Whey Protein (Canadians get it here)
- Mineral Salt (Canadians get it here)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly coat the outside of the pumpkin with coconut oil and bake (whole) on the bottom rack for an hour.
- Remove pumpkin from the oven and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Once it has cooled enough cut in half (horizontally) but be careful of the steam! Scoop out the seeds and set them aside.
- Scoop out of the rest of the pumpkin and place in a food processor with 1 cup of chicken broth and 2 scoops of Pristine Whey Protein powder. Blend until smooth.
- In a large pot heat up some coconut oil and add the diced shallots. Saute them over medium heat until they are golden brown.
- Add the pumpkin puree into the pot and put in the rest of the chicken broth, coconut milk, cayenne pepper, and sweetener. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Just before removing the soup from the heat add in a few pinches of mineral salt and the essential oils. Be very careful not to add more than a drop or two of each oil or you may make the soup too strong.
- Feel free to add in a few pumpkin seeds as garnish with each bowl served.
Adapted from the Young Living EO Magazine.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.