Perfect Pumpkin Pie
~ Trim Healthy Mama Friendly ~
As you gear up for Thanksgiving let us help you plan your menu with this mouth watering pumpkin pie that even your guests who might not like pumpkin pie will love! Serve with fresh whipped cream and enjoy every last bite.
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 Cup of THM Baking Blend
- 1TB THM Gentle Sweet (or dash of THM pure stevia extract)
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- Dash of THM Mineral Salt
- 1/4 lb of Lard
- 1TB Egg Whites
- 2TB Ice Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 & 1/4 cup of Pure Canned Pumpkin
- 4-6 Shakes of THM Pure Stevia Extract
- 1/4 tsp. THM Mineral Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1 Cup half and half (10%)
Directions for Crust:
- Stir together dry ingredients in bowl.
- Add lard and break into pea sized bits with fork or other utensil.
- Mix together egg white and ice water separately then add 1 TB at at time until dough holds together without crumbling.
- If it gets too wet add a few TB Baking Blend to desired consistency.
- Press (rather than roll out) into a 9” glass pie dish until uniform thickness right up the sides. Roll out 1/4 – 1/2 ” tubes of crust to attach at rim then form your favorite edge (wavy edge pressed with thumbs is very attractive. Or you could just do pressed fork marks).
Directions for Filling:
- Mix all ingredients together in blender (or with hand mixer) until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350 F. Bake until knife inserted in middle comes out clean (approx 35 minutes more).
- Cool to room temperature or chill if desired.
- Best served with Sweetened Whipped Cream.
Shared with permission from Tara Hills.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.