Pad Thai Perfection
~Trim Healthy Mama, Paleo, & Keto Friendly~
Oh. My. Goodness run… don’t walk and whip us this scrumptious Asian dish that will melt in your mouth! All the spices and flavors will be exploding the minute your taste buds experience this dish that will become one of your all-time favs!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- Sesame seeds/chopped peanuts (if you’re not eating peanuts on Keto or THM leave out)
Spicy Thai Sauce:
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp nut butter (if not eating PB, substitute with another nut butter)
- 2.5 Tbsp Coconut aminos
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional if don’t want it spicy)
- Cut spaghetti squash in half (scoop out seeds) and place face down on cookie sheet.
- Cook on 400 degrees until outer skin is softened (easily depressed when poked). This usually takes approximately 45 minutes depending on the size of squash.
- Set aside once cooked.
- Make the Thai sauce using a blender. Add all the ingredients and blend. Set aside for now.
- On the stovetop, warm toasted sesame oil and avocado oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots and cook (stirring often) for a few minutes. Don’t overcook.
- Using a fork, scrape the spaghetti squash out of its skin and add to the carrots.
- Add the red pepper, scallions, and 1/2 cilantro. Combine well in the pan.
- Pour Spicy Thai sauce over veggies and mix until fully blended.
- Plate veggies, top with protein choice (chicken or shrimp would be delicious!), sprinkle cilantro, perhaps some sesame seeds or chopped peanuts.
*If you need help to figure out why you are struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*Recipe adapted from Moms Can Be Fit.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
- We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.