Turkey Potato Stew
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
This delicious stew will have you reminiscing of your childhood and mom taking a warm Shepherds Pie out of the oven with her apron on! The perfect healthy comfort food is now being served!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or grass-fed butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lb ground turkey white or dark meat, or a combination of both
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped (*or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1.5 tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup good-quality chicken or turkey broth
- 5 medium Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces (peel if desired)
- 1 medium white sweet potato, peeled and chopped, or use sweet potatoes or butternut squash
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 12 oz bag frozen peas
- Heat large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil or butter. Once heated, add the onion and garlic, and sauté 1-2 minutes. Next, add the ground turkey and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. Continue cooking until the meat is mostly browned (about 5 minutes), breaking up the large pieces with a wooden spoon or spatula as needed.
- Next, mix in the yellow potatoes, sweet potato, broth, and thyme. *Note: If using dried tarragon, add now. Add more sea salt and black pepper to taste. Stir well and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover pot with a lid and allow mixture to cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 10-12 minutes, add the fresh green beans and frozen peas. If needed, add a bit more broth. Cover again and cook 5-6 more minutes or until potatoes and beans are tender.
- Stir in the fresh tarragon. Taste and add more sea salt and/or black pepper, if desired. Serve.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from Paleoinpdx
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.