Tangy Green Bean Salad
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Perfect for the hot summer days, this tangy green bean salad is a great pairing with chicken, salmon, or beef. Plus it makes the perfect side dish to take to any get-together that will have the guests raving about this delightful twist on a simple veggie!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp juice from a lime about 1 lime
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tsp raw honey (substitute stevia for THM or Keto)
- ½ – 1 tsp sea salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ – ½ tsp dried basil use 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil if you have it
- 1 lb fresh green beans trimmed and cut in half
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1 recipe from dressing above
- Add all dressing ingredients into a small mason jar with a lid and shake vigorously for 1 minute until combined.
- Set the dressing in the fridge to chill while assembling the salad.
- Steam the green beans to crisp-tender. (If using an INSTANT POT put 1 cup of water in the bottom of the pot, put the green beans in the steamer basket inside the pot, put the IP lid on, and seal the valve. Press the STEAM feature and reduce the time to “0” minutes. The IP will come to pressure in about 5 minutes and then will complete. Release the valve immediately. Or steam stovetop or using an electric steamer.)
- Once green beans are lightly steamed, add to a medium serving bowl, and toss with cherry tomatoes, walnuts, and dressing.
- Eat warm, or cold.
*adapted from Raising Generation Nourished.
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.