Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
When schedules are flying in different directions and you need a healthy option just to get everyone fed and out the door, then look no further than this fabulous Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole! Perfect for when you’re on the go and need sustenance that’s power packed with protein!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
Trim Healthy Mama
Keto Menu Plans
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef (other ground animals will work too)
- 1/2 pound of bacon
- 8 eggs
- 3 large sweet potatoes (get 4 just in case)
- 1 large white onion
- 1 large red onion
- Spices: Cayenne, paprika, garlic, black pepper, oregano
- 1 large deep-rimmed skillet or pan
- Coconut Oil to grease your slow cooker
- Peel sweet potatoes and steam for approx. 20-30 minutes to soften slightly.
- Slice sweet potatoes into thin slices.
- Dice your bacon and brown till crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
- Dice onions into large chunks and add to pan with ground beef.
- Season beef to taste.
- Make sure beef is fully browned and onions are translucent.
- Beat 8 eggs in a bowl, blender, or food processor.
- Season eggs to taste.
- Grease your slow cooker with coconut oil.
- Cover bottom of slow cooker with slices of sweet potato.
- Spoon layer of your seasoned beef onto sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle a portion of crisped bacon pieces on top of the beef.
- Keep layering evenly until ingredients or all used.
- After layering, pour egg mixture over the top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Allow pot to cool. If your ceramic crock is removable, throw it in the fridge overnight. This will allow the dish to congeal and set nice. You can then slice the casserole into pieces.
*adapted from Paleo Pot
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.