South of the Border Breakfast Casserole
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
When life gets busy and everyone is going in different directions for the day this amazing breakfast casserole is an easy fix to make sure breakfast is checked off the list! A warm healthy option is just the ticket to keep everyone going full steam ahead no matter how crazy the day gets!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- one pound ground meat (choose your favorite!)
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- one medium sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 3 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green chiles, chopped
- 12 eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 375’F and grease a 9×12 baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and brown ground meat until there is no pink left. Add cumin and chili powder and mix well to combine.
- Add shredded sweet potato and salt and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add spinach and cook for another minute or two until spinach wilts. Remove from heat and add cilantro and green chiles.
- Place mixture into bottom of prepared baking dish and pour whisked eggs on top. Give the dish a little jiggle to allow eggs to settle into mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until center is set.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from the Savory Lotus
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.