Skillet Lemon Chicken and Squash
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Springtime is in the air and depending on where you live you might be able to find fresh veggies, but if it’s still a bit chilly in your neck of the woods frozen will work too for this light and delicious skillet recipe!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1.5-pound boneless chicken breasts, diced into 1–2” cubes
- 2 small, or 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 small, or 1 large summer squash, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Heat ghee and 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add diced chicken, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, and pepper to the pan
- Stir well to season chicken, squeeze 1/2 of the halved lemon into the skillet, stir again to combine
- Cook diced chicken approx. 4 minutes on each side until almost cooked thoroughly.
- Add in zucchini, summer squash, dried basil, fresh parsley, and 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir to combine
- Squeeze the last 1/2 of the halved lemon into the skillet
- Cook about 5-7 minutes until squash has softened to desired taste
- Garnish with additional lemon slices or parsley.
*adapted from Whole Kitchen Sink
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.