Simple Roasted Turkey Breast
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Instead of roasting a whole turkey this Christmas this easy roasted one-pot turkey option will feed a small gathering. Be sure and save the bones to make this delicious turkey soup for a great leftover option after Christmas!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 bone-in turkey breast, rinsed and patted dry (thawed)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 apple, cubed
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 2 thyme sprigs, chopped
- 6 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 6 lemons, halved
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. Rinse and pat the turkey dry. Set the turkey in a large stockpot or Dutch oven.
- To make the rub, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a small bowl and mix in the black pepper, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Add the carrots, celery, onion, apples, nutmeg, and fresh herbs. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften slightly. Remove from the heat.
- Stuff the turkey breast with the sauteed vegetables. Pour the broth into the stockpot with the turkey and place the sliced lemons around the sides. Use your hands to rub the spice mix all over the turkey.
- Roast the turkey for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F and cover with foil. Let the turkey roast for another 2.5 to 3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the turkey and let it stand for 25-30 minutes. Carve and serve!
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from The Paleo Diet
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.