Shredded Salsa Chicken
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
This easy chicken hack for tacos, burrito bowls, or a taco salad is awesome for cutting the kitchen prep time, plus it’s a simple dish the whole family will love! The best of both worlds, simple, while also flavorful and delicious!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 (16-ounce) container refrigerated fresh tomato salsa
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (approx. 3 to 4 breasts)
- Chopped fresh oregano leaves, for serving (optional)
- Pour 1/2 of the salsa into the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Nestle the chicken breasts into the salsa in a single layer.
- Pour the remaining half of the salsa over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours, or HIGH for 1 to 2 hours. The chicken is done when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165°F.
- Turn off the slow cooker and transfer chicken to a cutting board.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and toss with the salsa.
- Sprinkle with the fresh oregano (optional)
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from TheKitchn.com
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.