Shredded Mexican Chicken
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
When you’re looking for a quick and easy fix for dinner where you can set a timer and come home to a fabulous aroma and dinner ready to serve, this is the perfect meal! Warm-up a simple side like cauliflower rice and top with your favorite Mexican condiments and dinner is done!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1.5–2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth (or two cups water)
- 4–5 diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Set to sauté mode and add ghee and minced garlic
- Once the ghee is melted and garlic is fragrant, add in chicken thighs
- Cook for about 4 minutes, flipping halfway through
- Add in the liquid, spices, lime juice, and peppers
- Close the lid and manually set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 15 minutes
- Ensure the steam valve is closed
- When the time is up, do a quick release and shred chicken!
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker except for 1 cup of liquid
- Set on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-4
- Halfway through cooking, stir and add the other 1 cup of liquid if needed!
- Shred chicken and enjoy!
*adapted from Whole Kitchen Sink
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.