Mama’s Favorite Meatloaf
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Meatloaf is known to be a budget-friendly meal and swapping out your favorite meat option will satisfy not only your taste buds but also the weekly grocery budget! This classic recipe skips the bread crumbs, and sugar-laden ketchup for a more healthy version and no one will ever know as they scarf it down and ask for seconds!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef (or your choice of ground meat)
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- Fresh parsley, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl whisk the tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of water, allspice, coconut aminos, and season to taste.
- In another bowl, combine the ground beef, celery, onion, mushroom, garlic, mustard, chili powder, egg, season to taste – and mix well.
- Place the meat mixture in a loaf pan, or shape into a loaf on a baking sheet and bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the meatloaf, and place back in the oven.
- Cook another 12 to 15 minutes, or until beef is cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from Paleo Leap
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.