Lemon Chicken and Squash
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
A few simple ingredients, spices you already have on your spice rack and BAM, a fabulous one pot meal everyone will rave about and will be asking for seconds! Delicious doesn’t have to be complicated. Plan on this simple dinner and you can plan on taking care of you with a bubble bath tonight!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 1.5 pound boneless chicken breasts, diced into 1–2” cubes
- 2 small, or 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 small, or 1 large summer squash, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Heat ghee and 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add diced chicken, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and pepper to the pan
- Stir well to season chicken, squeeze 1/2 of the halved lemon into the skillet, stir again to combine
- Cook diced chicken about 4 minutes on each side until almost cooked thoroughly (a little opaque still is okay)
- Add in zucchini, summer squash, dried basil, fresh parsley, and 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir to combine
- Squeeze the last 1/2 of the halved lemon into the skillet
- Cook about 5-7 minutes until squash has softened to desired taste
- Garnish with additional lemon slices or parsley
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from WholeKitchenSink.com
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.