Lemon Basil Chicken
~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
Springtime is in the air and we’re ready to start cooking out on the grill but it still might be a little cool outside so this one-pot dish is just the ticket to satisfy your craving for succulent chicken with a summer flavor!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 6 chicken thighs, with or without skin
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tallow or lard cooking fat
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6–8 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to season chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the cooking fat, ghee, and minced garlic in a large pan on high heat
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Once the fat and ghee are completely melted and hot and the garlic becomes fragrant, place the chicken thighs in pan
- Sprinkle the dried basil over chicken
- Cook on each side for 4 minutes, just enough to fry the outer layer
- Add fresh basil and lemon slices over chicken thighs
- Transfer the pan to the oven
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly
- Remove, squeeze lemons over chicken and replace basil with fresh leaves (optional)
*adapted from Whole Kitchen Sink
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.