~Trim Healthy Mama, Keto & Paleo Friendly~
This delicious 30 minute one pot healthier version of the classic dish is going to make you jump up and do a cajun dance! Served over cauli-rice and you’ve got yourself a new go to meal with a fabulous twist!
Check Out the Recipe Below…
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb Andouille sausage (sliced thinly)
- 2 large Bell peppers (diced; I used red and green)
- 1/2 large Onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup Celery (diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 lb Large shrimp (peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen)
- 2 lb Cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen)
- 1 14.5-oz can Diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1/4 cup Chicken bone broth
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning (start with 1 tbsp if you don’t want spicy)
- 1 tsp Sea salt (to taste)
- Green onions (sliced; optional, for garnish)
- Fresh parsley (chopped; optional, for garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add the bell peppers, onions, and celery. Saute for 5-8 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the sliced sausage. Saute for about 5 minutes, until browned.
- Make a well in the center and add the minced garlic. Let it sizzle for about 30 seconds, until fragrant, then stir in with everything else.
- Add the cauliflower rice, diced tomatoes, bone broth, and Cajun seasoning.
- Stir together, then add the shrimp. Increase heat to high to bring to a simmer, then continue to simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is tender, shrimp is cooked through, and liquid is reduced, about 5-7 minutes. It will release more liquid at first and then reduce in volume again as it simmers more.
- Season with salt to taste, and/or more Cajun seasoning if you like. If desired, garnish with green onions and parsley.
*If you need help to figure out why you’re struggling with the weight, what plan will work for you, or why you emotionally eat, then I strongly urge you to check out the 5-Day Video Mini-Series Challenge starting soon, inside our private Facebook community-“Release the Weight from the Inside Out“ click the link to join the Facebook group! It could be the change you’ve been searching for!
*adapted from WholesomeYum.com
*Note: This recipe is an S for Trim Healthy Mamas and is Keto & Paleo Friendly.
We are not affiliated with Trim Healthy Mama nor endorsed by them. As with all resources, you should review them with care. We have done our best to make the recipes and all menu plans THM compliant in an effort to assist you on your journey.